King Charles III will reportedly ban Prince Harry from his coronation if the Duke of Sussex’s upcoming memoir attacks Queen Consort Camilla.
“It is one thing for Harry to attack Charles, he can take it on the chin, but if Harry forces him to choose, by laying into Camilla in his book, I have no doubt he will choose Camilla,” a source told the Daily Beast on Thursday, adding that the new monarch is “incredibly protective” of his second wife.
Another insider told the outlet that Harry, 38, and his wife, Meghan Markle, are on a tentative list for the 2023 ceremony, “leaving the door open for [them] to get the call up — or be excluded.”
Page Six broke the news in July 2021 that the prince was writing a book, set to be released sometime next year.
The memoir was initially slated for publication in November, but the date was pushed back over the summer.
Earlier this month, royal biographer Tom Bower told Page Six that Charles, 73, and his family members are “hugely nervous” about the book, calling it a “time bomb.”
Bower believes the book will come out “around Easter,” noting that it will feature a chapter about Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral last month.
“There’ll just be more material about how they were snubbed and all the rest of the invective against the royal family,” he explained. “So I think to that extent, the delay will add to the poison.”
Read the full story here.
Scroll down to leave a comment and share your thoughts.