MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell announced on Thursday that he is pulling his company’s advertisement from Fox News programming.
Why? Lindell told the Wall Street Journal that he has decided to remove the MyPillow ads from the network after Fox News declined one of his commercials.
The commercial in question sought to promote Lindell’s cyber symposium event that will discuss the 2020 election. Lindell has claimed that the Nov. 2020 election was fraudulent and that the event, which he plans to live stream in August, will prove his claims that the election machines were manipulated to steal votes from former President Donald Trump.
He has also reportedly offered to give $5 million to any person that goes to the event and disproves his claims of election fraud.
However, Lindell said that the commercial would not mention claims of election fraud, WSJ reports. He also told the publication that he had told his ad buyer to inform Fox News about his intention to cancel the ads.
Fox News’ response: “It’s unfortunate Mr. Lindell has chosen to pause his commercial time on FOX News given the level of success he’s experienced in building his brand through advertising on the number one cable news network,” the network said of Lindell’s decision.
Fox News didn’t say whether it rejected Lindell’s ad.
Worth noting: Dominion Voting Systems have sued both Fox News and Lindell for claims made about its voting machines in relation to last year’s election.
The company sued Fox News in March, alleging that the network “sold a false story of election fraud in order to serve its own commercial purposes, severely injuring Dominion in the process.” Fox moved to dismiss the lawsuit.
In Lindell’s case, Dominion sued him for $1 billion in damages earlier this year, arguing that the MyPillow CEO “maliciously spread false claims” about its operations. Lindell countersued the company via MyPillow
Scroll down to leave a comment and share your thoughts.