The office of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Tuesday slammed a class action lawsuit filed by illegal immigrants flown to Martha’s Vineyard last week, saying the journey was done on a voluntary basis.
The lawsuit, filed in the District of Massachusetts, alleges that DeSantis and others “designed and executed a premeditated, fraudulent, and illegal scheme centered on exploiting this vulnerability for the sole purpose of advancing their own personal, financial and political interests.”
In a statement provided to Fox News, Gov. DeSantis’ spokeswoman Taryn Fenske, slammed the class action lawsuit as “political theater” perpetrated by “opportunistic activists” at the expense of illegal immigrants.
“If these activists spent even a fraction of this time and effort at the border, perhaps some accountability would be brought to the Biden Administration’s reckless border policies that entice illegal immigrants to make dangerous and often lethal journeys through Central America and put their lives in the hands of cartels and Coyotes,” Fenske said.
Fenske provided Fox News with a copy of a consent form – available in English and Spanish – that she said was given to migrants before they boarded.
The form reads: “I agree to hold the benefactor or its designed representatives harmless of all liability arising out of or in any way relating to any injuries and damages that may occur during the agreed transport to locations outside of Texas until the final destination in Massachusetts.”
The class action lawsuit alleges that the migrants were told they were going to Boston or Washington, “which was completely false,” and were induced with perks such as $10 McDonalds gift certificates.
Read the full story here.
Scroll down to leave a comment and share your thoughts.