Carlos Santana’s wife, Cindy Blackman Santana, updated fans on his condition after the guitarist collapsed on stage during his concert near Detroit on Tuesday evening.
The 74-year-old musician collapsed on stage during his concert in Clarkston, a suburb of Detroit, at the Pine Knob Music Festival. In a Facebook message, his wife told fans that he was “resting” and “doing very well.” She also gave fans an update on the “serious medical condition” that the crowd was reportedly told to pray for at the concert.
“Hi Everyone! Carlos & I thank you so much for your prayers, love, care & concern for him! Please know that he’s resting and doing very well!” the message read.
“He was diagnosed with heat exhaustion & dehydration… it was 100 degrees on stage and 114 under the lights so that coupled with not enough water is what caused the issue. He’ll be as good as new soon!” she continued. “Thank you again and we love you! Cindy & Carlos.”
Santana was treated by medical personnel on stage after he passed out. A tweet from a local Fox affiliate claimed that the crowd was asked to “pray for him because of a ‘serious medical’ issue.”
The musician waved to fans as he was wheeled off stage on a gurney, letting them know that he was conscious and lucid.
Santana underwent an “unscheduled” heart procedure last year, which caused him to take a brief hiatus from performing. He explained in a video that he’d been having an issue with his chest which prompted him to go to the hospital.
“I’m going to be taking time off for a little bit to make sure that I replenish and rest,” he said at the time.
The show Santana collapsed at was a part of his Miraculous Supernatural 2022 tour that he is performing alongside Earth, Wind & Fire. It is scheduled to run until August, but it is not known if Santana will be continuing after the collapse.
Scroll down to leave a comment and share your thoughts.